Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I litter for the sake of history...

We need to be more like those Indians (sorry, native americans), don't we?

Those fellas were so good to the earth and at one with nature (whatever that means).



Were they?



Tell me this.

If these guys were soooooooo freakin' good about making sure Mother Earth was left the same way as they found it, then why do we keep finding all their broken and used crap everywhere we dig?

Something tells me there was no Chief Keepurpantson following them everywhere they went to make sure everything was picked up. I find it hard to believe the Indians (native americans, sorry...again) had the time to worry about whether their broken pot was biodegradable or whether the scented papoose paper they used on their little ones would float down stream and choke some dog drinking from the river.

Nope, the Indians (native americans, Sorry!) were very practical.

If they had to pee, they walked behind a tree and peed. If they had to take a dump, they squatted where they were and dropped a load...maybe kicking some dirt over it.

If a pot was broken...it was broken. They tossed it into a bush or just left it where it was.

If I do what they did...following by example...I'm a litter bug.

What were they?!

Over the hundreds of years since Brave One Feather tossed his first broken pot down a hillside unto today, their junk has become our treasure. Had they not done things like that, people like Indiana Jones would not have jobs.

So, this is my reasoning...

I will continue to litter...but...I am now doing so with a purpose.

I am making an investment into some future soul's profession. Hundreds of years from now, some cyborg archaeologist will find my junk, my litter...and it will make him rich.

You are welcome Mr. Cyborg Archaeologist...I got your back!

No comments: